Monday, September 1, 2008

Everything is Illuminated

Several years ago J & I saw the trailer for a film called Everything is Illuminated and we finally, finally got around to watching it last night. It was an interesting movie... about as funny as a movie involving death, flashbacks to nazis massacring Jews, and suicide can be. It was definitely amusing in parts, very heavy in others, and made you think a lot. I don't know if I missed a lot somewhere or if the story was a bit disjointed, but there were some things that kept nagging at me and seemed unresolved. As a result, I've been trying to look it up and see if anyone else put in the missing pieces. No luck yet, but I did find this, courtesy of the external links on the Wikipedia page for the novel the film was based on:

http://www.praguepost.com/P03/2004/Art/1007/opin1.php/



Additionally it seems as though the book and the movie diverged a good bit. I was thinking about reading the book, but have since decided that I am way more interested in researching the points made in Prague Post article.

The take-home part of the movie... I am going to make an "Offiscious seeing-eye bitch" t-shirt for Mags & see if I can get her into public places with me. ; )

No comments: