Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pattern Faux Pas...

Alrighty, for anyone in need and not already aware... Today through Sunday, Hancock Fabrics has all Butterick Patterns on sale for 99c each. I'm going through, making a list, checking it twice, gonna fine out who's... wait, wrong season. So anyway, I intend to gain two "historical" victorian patterns for fun and one men's pattern that is suitable for a Dickens production, a Regency Ball and alterable for a Sweeney Todd outfit all in one.

Now, the limit on the sale is 10 patterns, and I've selected only 3 - so I figured I should make sure there's nothing else that I'd want. That's when I came across this....



While the dress is super cute, it makes me wonder A) if I make the formal version, so I have to run around smalling my armpit all night? and B) just WHAT was the artist thinking? I know they used to design pattern covers with each model-damsel in a different little vignette, but I can't figure this one out... "'Oh Lord,' thought Lillian, 'there goes Babs, repulsed from three feet away! Time for a pit check because if it was my BO, then I'll be a social outcast for the rest of Highschool!' " ......???

Ah well.

No comments: