Friday, September 12, 2008

More Halloweeny giddiness...

I know I should be doing crunch work right now, but I can't help sharing that I'm getting increasingly giddy about making my Mrs. Lovett Costume for Halloween. (Euphoria displayed by insistance on capitalizing random bits.) I have all the fabric now and the blacks and greys are sitting in the drier at home waiting to be checked on and the Red/ dark stripe is waiting to get washed & pre-shrunk so that I can make the crazy bloomers(which were never seen in the movie, but showed up in a Promo photo that I found). To be made: Skirt, Bloomers, and corset. To be Altered: black sheer 3/4 length sleeved shirt found at Ross Dress-For-Less. To be bought (prolly at Hot Topic): fingerless mitts, either fishnet or lace, and black hairspray. It shouldn't take nearly as long as last year's costume and should be infinitely easier to hang out in than various others I've done or had in mind. In fact, I think I could even get away with it at work! (<-this is the realization that got me all giddy) Yay. fun.

P.S. As always, I'm not happy just making something, so my mod this time will be that I am intending to make the skirt out of decent looking material, and making the tiered bustle thingie at the back detachable so that I get two skirts instead of one and I'll be able to wear it out & about. I can use it steampunky, or for regular. Now, as such, I will have to find a way to temporarily stain it dirty looking for the costume. It's washable, so I'm thinking maybe regular dirt dissolved in a spray bottle, but I know sometimes dirt doesn't come out as easily as one would like. If anyone has any easily cleanable dirty-making suggestions, let me know! (<- Note: that's dirty-making suggestions, not dirty suggestions)

No comments: