Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I had a Dream...

A restless night ensued due to the fact that I'm stressing about our upcoming lighting purchase for our bathroom... I would like colored glass shades, but would not like the type that attaches with 3 screws going into the lip of the glass. I don't like looking at the screws, so I need a "neckless" shade and a fixture that takes that type AND it has to look nice & be a brushed nickel. I find Home Depot & Lowes's selections to be totally lacking. This is neither here nor there, but due to the stressing and due to J whacking me with his elbow & head-butting me in his sleep, I had a restless night of sleep & remembered my dreams! Goody!

Dream 1:
I was at some sort of swanky event in McLean with J and some other friends. It turns out Barak Obama was our friend and we were hanging out. I mentioned that the last time I had come out this way with some girlfriends we had hired a car and such and he was wondering why we would do that. Well, anyway, we all go to leave together in the same car and say our goodbyes in the parking lot and Barak Obama gives me a farewell hug and it is a wonderful hug. Then his hand ends up on my ass! Well, I laugh it off like it was a joke and Barak, J & I pile into the back seat of a car, but I'm not so sure that it was a joke. So, to make my point that I'm not into him & love my husband, I start making out with J right next to Barak. Haha! The end.

Dream 2:
I don't know if I should classify this as a recurring dream or not. I dreamt I was in a restaurant with some girlfriends and we were eating lunch. (I've dreamt I was in that restaurant before - I think it's a conglomerate of a bunch of different restaurants.) and as we're finishing up, I notice this guy standing so that he can see between the nook between the fake privacy wall that partitions different areas of the restaurant and the real wall. He's looking at me. Not leering, not staring, but more than casual glancing. Looking at me. He's an employee (the same guy who was looking at me through the front window in the previous version of this dream). It was weird. He gave some excuse as to why he was supposed to be there. Lame, but it made sense. Then we all got up & stood in line between the rows of glass display cabinets displaying junk shop antiques that were for sale as we waited to pay our separate bills. The end.

No comments: