Thursday, September 11, 2008

Register by Sept. 24, and Update on running pains

First off. There's a class Action Suit against a credit agency and we're all class members as long as we haven't been living under a rock for the past.... oh.... 20 years. I think that's most of us.

Secondly, I went practicing again today... I finally got in the full 3 miles because I went on my own. By 2.5 miles, I was starting to feel the places where I had been sore, but not bad - just an awareness. Around 2.75, I was also starting to get vague hints of the rot in my brain saying "you're almost there, you don't have to do the whole thing, I want to stop" <- This, as I know from experience, is purely mental and needs to be beaten down with a stick. Fortunately, I was running in the woods, sticks were readily available and I got on my way. Because of Monday's soreness, I decided to go at an easy lope today and it was easy. Super easy. Like rolling along almost. So I figured I'd clock in at 12 mins or so. Nope 10 min per mile. Dang! It's confirmed that sitting on your a$$ for four months will increase your speed.... hehe. It'll be interesting to see what I'll pull in at the race next week. Perhaps I'll get away from it without being too sore.

I wish they'd do 5Ks through the woods. They don't. Probably due to crowd management. Ah well. For those interested, YES, there are woods and parks & such here. This is a really good site, actually. Use Local Hikes - it's good mainly for hikes near US Cities. I like the fact that it gives you an elevation graph so you can tell how hilly it is. : )

No comments: