Monday, September 1, 2008

Painful reminders without the Peas...

So in amongst our plans to go museuming today (wanted to go see Afghanistan and Henson), we decided to hit up Fado's in Chinatown for lunch in order to A) get lunch and B) see if Fado's still has trivia on Monday nights since their website is sadly lacking in reference to such. For anyone who hasn't been, eventhough it's a chain, Fado's is a quite cozy "Irish" bar with good food, lots of nooks & crannies (<-a pre-requisite for a good irish bar), and a debatable selection of beer. Wonderfully, one of the lunch specials was a pulled lamb "french" dip au jus with beer battereed chips. Yum! Unfortunately, it did not completely satify my gravy craving and showed up completely unaccompanied by peas. The travesty! You see, the thing is, the atmosphere vaguely reminded me of the places we ate at in Scotland and the flavors of the sandwich definitely reminded me of it. The odd thing is that almost everything we ate in Scotland came with a side of chips and a side of fresh peas....

From Scotland Trip...

I miss it. I want to go back. I want to live there. I want to be able to walk outside and go hiking through glorious mountains anytime I want. * le sigh * I do not miss the driving on ridiculously small roads though and I don't think I can retain my job if I move there, so we'll stay put for now.

No comments: