Sunday, September 21, 2008

Her name was Nola... she was a 5K...

I completed the NOLA 5K. yippee! My pace averaged at 10:53 per mile and I finished out at 33:48 or something. better than in April, but not as well as I have been doing during practice. To be honest, there were two hills and, as it's turned out, I was getting sick (which I didn't realize at the time) since I came down with a full-on tired all over head cold by dinner last night. I don't need this right now. I have work to be getting done. Oh well. At least through using a brace to keep my patella in place and focusing on my stride and making sure to run with my left leg on the downhill side (even with the event staff yelling at me to stay on the right side of the road), I avoided blowing my knee out. In fact, it doesn't hurt at all. Hoo-rah.



P.S.... Race organizers really need to stop putting "cheering sections" at the first mile mark who tell you "good job, you're almost done!" No, really, I'm not. I'm a little under 1/3 of the way done. Wait to tell me that until at least the 2.5 mi. mark, please.

No comments: