Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Copyright updates...

Some of you may remember a post that I had in November of 2008 discussing my exploits with trying to control the use of a Binghamton at Night photo that had gotten used by various sources.

And if anyone is interested, here's a link to the wikipage that discloses the license.

I spoke with Broadway Binghamton and they were totally cool and if you watch the banner ad, when my picture comes up (third frame) it says Photo by Laura Roth in the lower right (YAY!).

Nyseg Solutions originally took the picture down, so I dropped my complaint and left it at that. The picture is now, however, back up and I've contacted them again. [UPDATE: as of 4:27 PM, they've taken it down again...?] This time I will be following up with their photo supplier to see where he got it and why he believed it to be free to use in any manner at all.

This update comes after discovering JUST how viral the use of my photo has gone. *sigh * If I had only known, I could have... I dunno... made $5 or something? eh. Here's a listing of other places that are currently using it:

Well, we'll see what happens.... it's coming out of the woodwork now. : )

No comments: