Monday, March 2, 2009

Culinary Crepe-riffic Masterpiece

So tonight I decided I wanted to cook since we'd both be home and I hadn't thought about it enough to get something ready in the slow-cooker. So I thought about it and got inspired on my way to the grocery. IF I could find pre-cooked shredded chicken or something of the sort, I'd try concocting crepes. I didn't find shredded chicken, but I found Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Cuts (perhaps the longest product name known to man...). Game on. I collected the ingredients listed below (those not already in my kitchen - aka anything perishable), and set to work mincing to my little heart's content using my electric mini chopper (LOVE IT!). All in all, it didn't take too long since the chicken was already cooked and etc. Let me say "yum". Also surprisingly moist enough that it didn't need a sauce or gravy over top. Just a little sweet and then rich with the brie & herbs and garlic & spinach & chicken. If you try it, let me know what you think. (note: normally I make 5 lbs of pulled chicken & stockpile it, but I haven't done that in a while).


Light Savory Crepes #123

* Binkle's Crepe Recipe

*6.5 oz. Brie
*1.5 C sliced mushrooms (minced)
*3 cloves worth of minced garlic
*2 cups baby spinach
*1 package (6 oz.) Oscar Meyer Deli-Fresh Chicken Breast Cuts (or 6 oz. of precooked chicken) [also minced]
*2 Tbsp Herb de Province
*1-2 Tbsp olive oil
*2+ Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
*1 C red grapes quartered

Mince Mushrooms and Cooked Chicken. In large skillet, saute garlic and spinach and Herb de Province in olive oil until spinach is 2/3 way cooked. Add minced mushrooms, chicken, and red wine vinegar & continue to cook ~5 mins. Add grape quarters. Warm through. If you only have one skillet, transfer mixture to another pan to keep warm on low heat. In large skillet, make a crepe covering the bottom of the pan (should get 4-5 crepes out of Binkle's Crepe recipe). Cut up brie into small bits. Once crepe is ready, place a quarter of the brie on the crepe while still in pan to partially melt. Add crepe filling into center of crepe over top of brie. Roll up, serve, and prepare second crepe in same manner.

This should serve 4 to 5 people. If serving 4 and get 5 crepes, then divide 5th crepe into 4 pieces, and roll with filling of fruit preserves for after dinner munchie.

If you want nutritional info for the filling, click here.

No comments: