Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birthday Suit... uh, I mean dress....


P3250099
Originally uploaded by binkle52
Yup, well, it's a tradition started by my mum when I was little. She made me Birthday dresses as a kid. I think, maybe, it stemmed from the idea of Easter dresses since my birthday is generally close to Easter... eventhough we don't really celebrate Easter... hmmm... Well anyway, at some point I got "too old" for birthday dresses. Then, Freshman year in college, I found an awesome dress in the local vintage store... $22 - way too rich for a college student... so I bought myself a birthday present. : ) That restarted the tradition. I still have that dress. It was a stretchy Hawaiian number from the 600s so it stuck with me through all my weight shifts. I think the Elastic is FINALLY starting to go though, so I'll probably have to get around to replacing that. Anyway, so I stick with the idea of the birthday dress. Here's this year's birthday dress. Yay! This is, however, regardless of the fact that it's 40 degrees out. not cute dress weather at all. Oh well!

No comments: