Thursday, March 19, 2009

What must people think of me?

OK... I just realized that I can't figure out how two parts of my personality coexist... I don't know if I should bother thinking about this, but here's what I was pondering:

Part A: I'm paranoid about what people think of me.
Part B: I could care less what people think of me.

Huh?

Examples of part A: I constantly think other co-workers must think I have IBS because I literally RUN to the bathroom every time I have to go. I constantly worry that if we're out at dinner with a group, if I get up to go to the bathroom at the end of the meal, I'm concerned that people will think I'm Bulimic (especially since I've lost so much weight this past year).

Regarding part B, even though I have concerns as demonstrated by the examples of A, I don't let it stop me from running to the bathroom, or going after a meal out. Also, I don't seem to care what anyone else thinks of me in general. I do what I like regardless of whether it's "normal." I wear costumes to work, I run randomly (through shopping plazas, through the halls at work, etc), I put my hair in pigtails even though I'm nearly 30, and have no qualms to rocking out to Bubble-gum J-Pop at odd times.

I don't know how to reconcile the two.

Ah, and the running through the halls at work set me to thinking that school is what was probably responsible for me not running at all until recently. You are told so often when you are little, especially at school, not to run. "Don't run in the Halls!!" etc. Daggnabbit. We'd all be in better shape if they'd stop yelling at us not to run. Thoughts....

No comments: