Wednesday, March 18, 2009

wondering...

well, after working a long day today, I went out for a run. I'm running out of time (pun not intended) as I've mentioned before, so at this point, I've thrown the Couch to 5K out the window... My last run was 20 mins straight through, ended up being 2.12 miles and I felt OK at the end, so I decided to go for 25 mins this time and see how far I ended up going. I essentially ended up hating my life for the last 10 mins because my stomach was upset that I had consumed an energy bar 30 mins prior and I felt like I was really slowing up for the last 7 mins or so, but all in all I made it 2.6 miles in 25 mins and that works out somehow to 9.5 min per mile, so I guess I'm still doing OK.

Also, I thought I'd see what my resting heart rate is just cause... I can't find out from those stupid blood pressure machines because I have an irrational fear that they're going to go haywire, never deflate and chop my arm off, so my heart is always racing. So just sitting here, the resting heart rate is 48 bpm... I think that rates as "healthy", but I suspect that it just means my heart is as lazy as the rest of me.

Also fate dictated that I would stop working tonight after the internet glitched 3 times and then I couldn't get my login to register any more. Guess that means I should go to bed! :) G'night all.

No comments: