Thursday, August 28, 2008

Coincidental Redundency

The random repetition of certain things continues to baffle and amaze me. I'm speaking about thos instances when one runs into a particular word, item or concept and then proceeds to run into it again and again, either that or over the next few days or weeks. Sometimes you can't even get away from it.

Is this all part of a greater cosmic coincidence? Can it be the sort of thing that causes two people in two different parts of the world to think of the same idea or invention at the same time?

Several coincidences of date:

  • Batter Blaster: I heard about it on the Big O and Dukes Radio program during a "Snacks of the Round Table" segment. Next I noticed it on the shelf at my local grocery. Finally, I brought it home while Greg was visiting and he had heard about it via an e-mail string at work. Odd.
  • Steampunk: I heard about steampunk on a blog I frequent called A Dress A Day. Next, I found some jewelry I really liked on eBay, then it came up somewhere else, and then on Boing Boing... on & on it went.

It's all just something I am pondering right now.

No comments: