Friday, October 24, 2008

I feel like Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde...

Oh no... not again.... I can feel the unholy urges and obsessions taking over. Stop! Stop me before it's... too... late..... *Collapses on the floor *


PA240003
Originally uploaded by binkle52

So I made my victorian skirt for the base of the Mrs. Lovett costume and have been wearing it around periodically for the past month or so. (see to the right... you can't tell, but it's a grey herringbone with cranberry and copper pinstripes and then I added cranberry/burgundy bias around the hem so I didn't have to actually hem it. I hate hemming.) To work, to picnics, to restaurants, shopping, maybe out to a haunted forest tonight.... I LOVE being swathed in fabric. So now I've picked out two other patterns that I want to make - both victorian in nature. Forget that I have 3 other projects en queue, forget that I have 6+ projects sitting in my closet to make. * hangs head in shame at self * I want these for multi-purpose wear. Steam punk? Check. Costume? Check. Office? Check. Alrighty, here we go... Wheee! The first one I want to order is this skirt. I'd like to do a modern bohemian take on it kinda like in the photograph. I'm also going to make a version of this jacket, but NOT the chintz & lace thingie that girl in the photo made. ugh, not me... wouldn't cross over into work well either. I'm thinking something more along the lines of the one in the left-hand photo on this page. So there's that and then I found someone on craigslist selling 100 yds of red dress satin for $250. Do the math. That's $2.50 per yard. For Satin. Satin's normally at least $10/yd. SO I'm tempted to drop a couple of hundred for 100 yds of red satin that I don't know what I'd do with it. One thought was making an entire wardrobe out of red satin & wearing only red satin every day for a year, but that's just freakin' insane and it'd probably drive me nuts & make me think I was the devil or something. So, I think I'll let that one slide. I'm totally buying the patterns though. I'm gonna do it and you can't stop me!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!! *maniacal laugh as she stands at the edge of a really tall metaphorical building about to jump to her doom (i.e. into another project)*

In other news, I am angry at work because it has been doing everything in it's power to sabotage me and my new work ethic.... The servers are down, I can't do anything and etc.
Also, I'm heading out to a haunted forest with J & my sister tonight & I'm going to see Thoroughly Modern Millie tomorrow night and that should be fantastic. What to wear???? : ) Ah, and 'Tis the season for Starbucks Chai Lattes... I'm limiting myself to one Tall Skim every two weeks. I can't handle the extra cals every day. Ah! and I got one of the most glorious Sunrises ever today. I love having an east-facing office with a window. LOVE IT!!! & Now I'm found wondering why it seems like glorious sunrises happen more frequently than glorious sunsets. If there's anyone out there that understands what's going on in the upper atmosphere and wants to explain it to me, please go right ahead.

Lastly. I love this. You should go check out the videos if you haven't already. Really cool Physics Videos. I like #10, #5, and #4.

No comments: