Monday, April 6, 2009

Cherry Blossom 5K

Well, it was that time of year again. The Cherry Blossom 5K has come and gone. Three of us ran it this year: myself, J & Lori. (see pic). Yes, those are the infamous Run Fatboy Run Shorts again. A special thanks again to Jason (AKA PunkJr) for the kindly gifting of the shorts last-minute last year. He will forever have a special place in my heart. Our times were posted yesterday. You can either look for yourself, or I can tell you that I came in at 29:55 total with an avg pace of 9:38 per mile. I was #168 out of 1056 women. Not too shabby. I am happy with the overall improvement... A year ago: 11:44 pace, 196 lbs., 34 inch waist. Today: 9:38 pace, 136 lbs., 26 inch waist. I'd say this has been a productive year. So as far as running goes, I'm hoping to form a running group to keep me to it this summer. I'm setting a goal to continue to work up to a 10K by this fall & see how I feel. I'd also like to improve my pace a little bit. I can do one 8 min mile if I really want to and I'd like to see if I can work up to that for next year. That would be cool. Do I think I'll get to a 10-miler at some point? Who knows. The only thing I DO know for sure is that I won't have the same breakfast next year. I might go back to my Kraft Mac & Cheese at 5 AM breakfast.... This year, well I figured eating at 6 AM when my race would start at 8:40 would be fine since that's nearly 3 hr digestion time. I had 1 Luna Bar, a 1/2 cup 1% fat Vanilla yogurt, & about 3-4 tbsp. Hummos to get some extra protein. My stomach cramped up during the race. I hate my digestive system.

In other news, I had an awesome Hanami weekend with Luke and perfected my banana-PB-Nutella crepes. More to come later.





No comments: