Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cooking with Binkle, Ep.1

Well, I got inspired last night to cook at home. I don't like recipes so much. I like to experiment... I thought: "Vegetables, I need Veggies..." and then thought: "dinner salad!" and wandered into Trader Joe's. First things first - pick a meat. I really wanted to grill up some Salmon, so I headed to the meat section to see what was to be had. Here's what I came up with:

Dijon Cider Pistachio Salmon Salad

1 package Herb Dijon Salmon Fillets
1 Bag Baby Spring Greens Mix
1 Bag Raw Pistachio Nutmeats
Apple Cider Vinegar
Manchego Cheese
White muchrooms
Vine ripened tomatos
Maille Old World Whole Grain Dijon Mustard

I used 1.5 C of salad greens per salad, tossed on a handfull of mushroom slices crumbled up. I split 1.5 fillets of Salmon between the two salads - maybe overkill, but eh.... I tossed the pistachios in my mini processor and chopped them up and put about 1/4 C chopped pistachios on each salad. added 1/4 C shredded manchego per... then 5-6 quartered tomatos. Lastly, I mixed 1/2 C Cider Vinegar with about 1-1.5 Tbsp of Maille in a bowl and mixed them together to make a dressing and poured half over each salad. It was A) filling, B)divine, and C) relatively low-cal, but flavorful. Go try it. Make sure not to over-grill the Salmon. Enjoy!

No comments: