Thursday, December 30, 2010

Evidence of why restaurants should label their calorie contents...

The other night we decided to go to Panera for dinner.  It's convenient because it's quick, not ridiculously expensive compared to other things around here & generally healthy depending on what you get.  My go-to is a soup & salad combo.  While waiting for J, I got to stare at warm, cozy, delicious looking posters promoted their NEW Peppermint Hot Chocolate.  YUM!  Looked divine.  Seasonal, warming, yummy....  So I checked the board to see how much it would break the bank.  If you haven't been in the past year, Panera started posting the calorie content on the board next to the prices...  Oh, holy, frickin______!!!  610 calories?  Almost twice as much as a regular hot chocolate there??  More than my entire main meal?!?!?!

Needless to say, I decided against it.

No comments: