Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Pet-Peeve

So.... you know how you go to a store & check out at the register and they all have these little card swipe screen boxes now? Right. It really irritates me when the screen says "Amount OK?" with options of 'yes' or 'no'. I hate that. I always want to hit "NO". No, the amount is not OK, I think all your stuff is overpriced. Do NOT ask me if it's "OK"... The machines that say "Is the total correct?" are much better. That's not an opinion question & I can honestly give a yes or no answer.

That's my random for the day.

No, wait... I lied. Another random thing... I did an experiment in advertising this weekend. Two years ago I made Lychee Punch for our Halloween Party and nobody touched it:


This year I made "Lychee Sangria". It actually tasted worse (the Pinot Grigio I got ended up being way too dry), but people drank more of it. I am convinced that it's because I called it Sangria, which seems to be trendy right now. Ah well. *sigh *

2 comments:

Dr. Alex said...

It does look like floating eyes. I wonder if that keeps people away from the "punch," of if that attracts them to the "Sangria?" :-)

Binkle said...

I suspect the prospect of "sangria" outweighs the eyeball deterrant.... I really need to use a sweeter wine next year.